Saturday, December 26, 2009

I really want blonde highlights in my hair but my mum wont let me,what should i say to convince her to let me?

I'm 14 btw, and my hair colour atm (light brown with a hint of blonde in it) Any help???I really want blonde highlights in my hair but my mum wont let me,what should i say to convince her to let me?
I know exactly how you feel because ever since i was about 10 i wanted platinum blonde hair and i begged and begged my mum but she said no if anything get very subtle highlights but she still wouldn't allow me because of my age.





She finally let me at the age of 16 and now im 19 and my hair is basically blonde just a few strands are brown and the bottom layers are very brown.





I don't think there is anything wrong with highlights but you need to take into consideration your age. Now looking back im grateful i had a sensible mum even though i hated her at the time!





I think you should respect your mums decision as you're still quite young, you'll have plenty of time to experiment with your hair later in life!





I really hope this helps!





xxI really want blonde highlights in my hair but my mum wont let me,what should i say to convince her to let me?
When your mum says no, respect that and don't go on about it. Your mother will most likely respect your maturity and let you get it done sooner anyway.





But my honest opinion about highlights is, dont do it. You then start the whole hair dye game, which we've all done, which means you will then keep on having to touch up your roots or let it grow out, which is a very lengthy process.
you need to know why she objects first... ask her what the problem is. i don't see any harm in having highlights. at least if you don't like it it will grow out. its not as bad as having a tattoo.


can you get another female on your side? an older sister or aunt perhaps. or one of your mums friends.


her problem might be that she still thinks of you as her ';baby'; and wants to keep you that way.reassure your mum that having highlights is only changing your hair colour, not you as a person.


good luck!
i know how you feel but im 16...i actually wanna go completly blonde but my hairdresser told me it wudnt be a good idea ...but highlights are the best thing...i have a friend who has strawberry blonde hair and her mom didn't want her to get blonde highlights but it rlly made her hair look good





make a deal with ur mom...get very very thin highlights they dont harm u if theyre put on right and u still get ur blonde highlights... u r still a lil young but ur prob starting high school...i totally understand
Will you die if you can't do it? When you are in the same position and your daughter of 14 asks you something that you disagree with, what will you say? Try and see the other person's point of view. It's called maturity. All kids think they know best. It's all part of growing up.


If you respect your mum you will ask her at what age she thinks it will be ok.
Go up to her and say





You:Mum, u know u can cook very well





Mum:thanks





You:Mum, i Was thinking about getting blonde highlights





Mum:And, i told u were not getting it





You:everyone in our school does it!(girls)





Mum:I will think about it





YOU THAN HUG HER





THIS MIGHT HAPPEN
i dunno what you can tell her but an alternative is to buy some Sun-In and spray a few strands and hang out in the sun...instant blonde highlights that look fairly natural but awesome
Dont get highlights they look tacky and make your hair look nasty and cheap .
just go and get it done and see what she says


she cant do anything after that


x
threaten to call child services so that you will be putu in a foster home and they will not tell you wat to do ;)
just get it done and say its my hair

No comments:

Post a Comment