Saturday, December 26, 2009

Highlighting synthetic hair?

I have a synthetic ponytail hairpiece that I would love to wear but its not highlighted blonde and my hair is and therefore it appears the hairpiece appears too dark when I'm wearing it and doesn't seem to blend with my own hair. Although many people would wear it as it is, I'm very particular about this sort of thing and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I could run some highlights through the hairpiece myself. I have already tried highlighting kit ( strand tested ) but this made absolutely no difference to the colour at all. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks in advance.Highlighting synthetic hair?
NO, watch out, this can not be done. I tried it on a wig for Halloween, and the odor was horrible. The chemicals to strip the color from the hair (bleach it) are not meant to work with plastic/synthetic hair. What hair did not break on my wig was twisted and warped like it was burned. If you love your hair piece, avoid this. Try buying a smaller ponytail piece, maybe a sectional peice that contains blonde and intertwine it in the current hairpiece.Highlighting synthetic hair?
You need to use fabric dye to change synthetic hair colour though i don't know if you can make hair lighter you would need to experiment see the following link for info i hope it helps http://allaboutwigs.onthetop.com/allabou鈥?/a>





If you buy a human hair piece you can highlight these but human hair is more expensive





good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment