Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Highlighting hair, Help fast!?

I just highlighted my hair and started at 11:50, if the box says leave in for 15-30 minutes, should I take them out 15-30 minutes after I finished (12:15) or after I started (11:50) also, I dont want them to look red so how long should I keep it in for?! 15 or 30 min?? My hair is dirty blonde and I was just adding some blonde highlights inHighlighting hair, Help fast!?
Id leave it in for the amount of time AFTER you have finished putting them in. also, Id leave it in the longer amount of time, as the amount of time they are left in for does not affect the redness... It will only affect how much damage it soes...So to be on the safe side, Id leave it on for about 25 mins...





hope this helps :)Highlighting hair, Help fast!?
Start timing after you finish. Strand test every 5 minutes and don't leave it on longer than the recommended time. To strand test, take a small section, wipe off the lightner and check to see the color. I am a licensed cosmetologist and without seeing your hair, if you say it is ';dirty blond'; then you shouldn't have brassy (red/orange) highlights. Just don't leave it on too long or it will damage your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment