Thursday, December 31, 2009

Highlighting Hair?????

Is it true that you can highlight blonde hair if you put lemon juice on it and sit in the sun?Highlighting Hair?????
Yes, but it REALLY dries out your hair, I wouldn't reccomend it...








[:Highlighting Hair?????
You can absolutely highlight your hair with lemon juice, it takes time, and starting with truly blonde hair or you will get a really brassy result. Highlights can be tricky and you can easily destroy your hair if you don't use deep conditioning products. If you are a real blonde squeeze one lemon into 8 oz., warm water Pour this mixture through your hair soaking it, then pat gently with a towel and sit in direct sun light and let dry, Repeat this process and in a little while you will notice a real change in your hair. I feel I should advise you to go to a salon and have proper highlights done by a professional. Keep in mind you want to be a sexy blonde not a trashy bimbo. Classy blonde's are NOT brassy ever! Make sure you go to the salon for good shampoo and conditioner as well as a heat protector if you blow dry or flat iron. Blonde hair doesn't reflect light like dark hair and can appear dry and flyaway, you have no choice but to condition and use styling products that reduce frizz and keep hair as shiny as is possible.
I just did it today - it was so pretty outside.





I have light brown hair, so light that many people consider it blonde. I bought a simple bottle of lemon juice from the grocery store, and mixed it with water in a cheap spray bottle. Then, I sprayed it in my hair (make sure you get everything evenly so it doesn't get splotchy) and then go outside in the sun for about an hour (or until it's dry). If it isn't sunny where you are then just blow dry it.





The lemon juice is very acidic, so my hair was very dry and crunchy. After I came inside, I took a shower, shampooing it like I usually do to wash the lemon juice out. Then, I conditioned it, leaving the conditioner in for 2-3 minutes, then rinsing it out. Then I let my hair air dry. It feels just as soft as it usually does.





Afterwords, my hair was just a little lighter. Don't expect very noticeable results after just one time. I'm going to do it every day for a week.





Note: I have heard that dark brunettes should not do this - it will just turn their hair orange.
Both lemon juice and Sun In can ruin your hair. Buy a product that is intended for highlighting and carefully follow the directions, or go to a salon to get it done.





I knew a girl with dirty blond hair who ended up with a crew cut after using lemon juice. She had to cut it all off, it was so damaged. ✂
Im not sure but back in the 80's girls would use lemon to get there hair hard since back in the 80's hairspray was the big thing to use on your hair to get the big hair going. Lemon would get it super hard.
Hi:





yes its true but you will be drying your hair out and it usually turns to a brassy yellow. You can also use Sun in from the Drugstore.


Spray and stay in the sun.





Make sure you put conditioner on your hair.
yes i have done it before.


i mixed it with some water though and put it in a spray bottle. then i sprayed it in.


just make sure you spread through all your hair or else you will have some uneven hair.
Rofl i did it for a bet... I won 15$ and had highlights for a month. I looked gay, though...
yeah that works and so does mascara.
yeah, but youll fry your hair. try sun-in instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment