Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Will the chemicals from putting highlights in my hair hurt my baby if im only 2 months pregnant?

Highlights is okay as foils never touch the scalp but if it the chemical does touch the scalp like a whole head shampoo type hear colouring then I wouldn't recommend it. Go for foil highlights!





I got highlights all throughout my pregnancy and my boy is fine! I think people are over-paranoid about certain things.Will the chemicals from putting highlights in my hair hurt my baby if im only 2 months pregnant?
Your fine, just make sure you don't inhale too many fumes. Its not bad for your baby to dye your hair, its what you take into your body that can harm your child. Make sure you do this in a well Ventilated area!Will the chemicals from putting highlights in my hair hurt my baby if im only 2 months pregnant?
No,it won't hurt the baby,but,because of the hormones in your body,they might not turn out as expected.
your not supposed to because of the chemicals and the different hormones that are created that can change the colour of your hair that you didn't want
I have a doctors appointment in a half an hour and this is something I am asking her myself...I'll letcha know what she tells me!
I've heard both stories that you can %26amp; that you can't. I've colored my hair while I was pregnant %26amp; all 4 of my children are fine. I just always waited until after the 1st trimester because that is the most critical time for the baby. I suggest waiting 1 more month until after your 1st trimester %26amp; then go ahead %26amp; highlight. Good luck %26amp; congrats on the baby!
That has not been proven but they don't recommend it until at least 6 month old. I had a baby last year and my highlight roots were killing me. I had to wait until my 7th month by recommendations of my ob.
Can I dye my hair during pregnancy?


— 9/10/00 Chris from Cleveland








ANSWER


September 28, 2000








I get asked this a lot, and unfortunately there is no clear answer since there have been no scientific studies done to address the use of hair dye in pregnancy. While there is no actual evidence available that hair dye is harmful during pregnancy, many practitioners recommend not dying hair in the first trimester when the fetal organs are forming. Processes like highlighting, which don't contact the scalp (unlike hair dye), probably are fine because they don't get into the body.


— by Marjorie Greenfield, M.D.
Many people believe that you shouldn't dye your hair when you are pregnant, but I have known several women that did and had no problems.
If your hair is already highlighted, no. But I have been told to never get your hair done while pregnant, for many different reasons.
Probably, I wouldn't even risk it, but if that's what you want to do please call your doctor first.
There was a recent study showing a connection between use of colorant chemicals and cancer. I don't recall what the study stated about pregnancy. Try google, you will probably find lots of articles.





I would avoid it during pregnancy. Heck I'd avoid it at all costs.
yes stop doing highlights i know this that put highlights in her hair and she end up with a miscarriage so if you want your child stop doing it immediately..........stop please.
Highlights are fine. They don't touch the scalp, so they don't penetrate into your blood stream.


My doctor said I could get highlights at any point in the pregnancy.


What to Expect when you're Expecting says they're fine, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment